WESTERN UNION is a fast, reliable, secure and convenient way of remitting funds from outside the country to a beneficiary in Ghana subject to Ghana's international exchange control regulations.
It offers one of the easiest ways by which family and friends can send money and stay connected to their loved ones from almost any location in the world.
- No bank account required by the sender or receiver
- Anyone in Ghana can receive money from abroad through WESTERN UNION
- No charges for the receiver. Sender pays a fee set by western union per value of remittance.
- The receiver can collect remittance at any of BANK OF AFRICA’s branches nationwide.
- Access to funds by the receiver subject to the following security checks: Provision of Money transfer control number (MTCN), identification particulars, test question and answer, sender name and amount sent.