BOA Family Care Assurance
The Family Care Assurance is a funeral plan that guarantees policy holders and their families a befitting and dignified transition in the event of death.
Features and Benefits
- One week celebration benefit as standard benefit to account holder on the life of a family member (20% of funeral benefit)
- Account holder permanent total disability (PTD) benefit as “We Care Benefit”
- Cash back benefit of 10% of premium paid less expenses every five (5) years if no claim occurs.
- Account holder retires with premium payment at age 60 – unique.
- Option for 1st anniversary benefit.
- No medical report requirements.
- Automatic benefit update option annually to sustain value of benefits.
- Account holder and spouse have 100% of the sum assured. Family members have 50% of sum assured.
For fresh applications, the following documents will be required:
- Filled proposal form
- Filled mandate form for premium deductions
For Funeral and One Week Celebration Claim, the following documents will be required:
Completed claim application form or written application signed by claimant with the following required documents:
- Original policy document.
- Original or certified true copy of medical certificate of the cause of death.
- Police report for accidental death only.
- Proof of age of deceased life assured if age is not admitted.
- Original or certified true copy of photo identity card of the beneficiary or trustee.
- Any other documents deemed necessary by the insurer.
- Saham Life shall honour all genuine claims within 4 days after receipt of all relevant documentation.
- Documentation include the following:
- Properly filled claim form
- Medical certificate of cause of death/death certificate in case of death
- Police report in case of accidental permanent total disability or accidental death
- Photo identification of claimant
- Notification of claims must be done either at BOA’s branches or through the Assured Service Team.
- BOA should be an option to be appointed by policyholders as Trustees, to be able to authorise claim payments