Explore our digital services
B-Mobile is a mobile phone banking service that allows subscribers to use their mobile phones to access their bank account information, receive debit/ credit alerts and statements via SMS; check balances and transactions by browsing a simple mobile enabled website; conduct basic operations via a menu; or transfer funds and pay bills using an application on any GPRS enabled phone.
1. Access banks account(s):
The service allows subscribers to access their bank account balances and transaction details and history.
2. Airtime top-up payments:
This service affords subscribers the luxury of topping up their mobile credit for a number of mobile networks either for themselves or for third parties. A further option provides the functionality to pay for post-paid telephone bills on some mobile networks.
3. Intra and interbank transfers:
BMobile has the functionality to transfer funds internally from a subscriber’s primary account to other accounts as well as from a subscriber account to the account of a non-subscriber
4. Utility Bill and merchant Payments:
Subscribers of BMobile would be able to use the platform to pay for the following utility services:
Postpaid electricity bills from the Ghana Electricity Company Limited
Water bills from the Ghana Water Company
DSTV and GO TV bills from Multichoice Ghana limited
It allows customers the opportunity to view all their transactions and balances
It is fast, easy and secure way of Paying Merchants.
This is a unique proposition which saves cost to the customers (instead of contacting a call center).
It improves revenue generations for Merchants on the banks books through loyalty, and cross-selling.
The full list of Features includes:
Checking of Bank Balance
Perform MoMo Transfers
Perform Interbank Transfers
Pay Utility Bills
Initiating Account Opening process
Initiating Loan Application Process
Request for Cheque Books
Request for Bank Cards
View Statement History up to the last 30 days Transaction
Direct Access to Relationship Officers
Purchase of investment packages etc.
1. What is BMobile?
This is a mobile application designed to enable you to access your account with the Bank of Africa in real-time.
2. How can I access the BMobile Service?
The App can be downloaded from the following App stores:
– Apple Store – BMobile Ghana
– Google Play – BMobile Ghana
– USSD Short Code – *840#
3. How long does it take to get started with BMobile?
The registration and activation process should take less than 24 hours on a business/working day. Registration done during the weekend will be activated on the next business day upon engagement with the Contact Centre.
4. How do I register?
When you launch the mobile app,
– Click on the “I have an account with BoA” if you are an account holder of the Bank.
– On the next pages, enter your Mobile Number, OTP, Account Number, and E-mail, choose your password and confirm your password.
– Click the continue button to process and follow the instructions as prompted.
You can also dial the USSD Shortcode *840# and you will be required to provide your mobile number and account number for registration.
5. Can I check my balance?
Yes, your balance can be checked after your four-digit pin has been entered.
6. Can I generate a mini statement?
Yes, you can, up to the last 30 days of transaction.
7. How do I reverse or cancel transaction already performed?
A failed transaction is reversed within 24hours.
A successful transaction that requires cancellation will be investigated and necessary action applied.
8. Can I access the platform anytime?
Yes, the platform can be accessed (24/7).
9. Can I transfer money to my mobile wallet?
Yes, money can be transferred to and from your mobile money wallet.
10. How many transfers can I process a day?
You can make as many transfers as you want if you do not exceed your daily limit.
11. What are the charges on B-mobile?
Please refer to our Tariff guide for the updated charges.
12. Why do you charge if I am using my data?
The charge caters to the servicing and maintenance of the application.
13. Can I download the app on my apple or android phone?
Yes, you can. Available on Playstore and Appstore.
14. Does it work only for local currency accounts?
15. Can I add on account numbers?
Yes, account numbers can be added on.
16. Is it real-time?
Yes, it is.
17. What if I misplace/change my phone?
If you change your phone and you don’t change the number, you just need to download the application on the new phone. You can use your existing password and pin to execute transactions.
However, you will need to engage the Bank to enable the app to work on the new device.
18. Why can’t the platform be accessed?
The platform can be accessed most of the time. Connectivity to the BMobile platform may be challenged when there is an issue with the Banking application or Network fluctuations with the Telecom networks.
19. Why Should a customer call for authorization when making a transaction with his/her own phone?
There is no authorization call required with BMobile. Transactions are straight-through and require your PIN to authorize.
20. What should I do if I cannot access the App after several attempts?
You can restart your phone and if you are still having challenges, you can call our Service line for support, or directly engage your relationship manager on the App.
21. What should I do if I buy phone credit and I don’t receive it?
All debits without the relevant service being delivered are worked on within 24 hours. If not, the customer has to report the issue to his or her Relationship Manager for the issue to be addressed.
22. What is a Transaction PIN?
A transaction PIN is a 4-digit security code that is used to complete transactions on BMobile. If you request for a PIN reset, this should be done within 24hrs of a business day, and a new PIN sent to you. Kindly ensure that your PIN is always kept secret.
23. What is my Password?
This is the secret word, digits, or character (numbers and/or alphabets) that you provided during registration. It should always be kept Secret and used at point of logging in to the app.
24. What happens if I forget my Password?
You can reset your password by clicking the “Forgot password” button on the app.
25. As a bank of Africa customer, do I have access to the B-Mobile app?
Yes, all customers can have access to the app by downloading the app and completing the registration process.
26. Can I buy airtime using the BMobile app?
Yes, airtime for the major networks (GLO, MTN, Tigo, Airtel, and Vodafone) can be bought using the app.
27. What happens to my BMobile App if I lose my device?
Please call our contact center and send us an email.
28. Will BMobile work on any type of phone?
The app works on Apple and Android Phones.
The USSD service can be accessed over every phone.
29. How long will it take for my transfers to reach the beneficiary account?
30. Is the BMobile app secure?
Yes, it is secure.
First, it is password protected: your password is uniquely linked to the mobile banking app. Secondly, transactions on your account are validated by a transaction PIN which is known to you only. All these are in addition to other security features which have been put in place.
31. Must I use my registered phone number with the bank before I can download the BMobile app?
No. You can download this app on any smartphone or mobile device. This app is not restricted to the mobile number registered with the Bank. However, the number registered with the Bank is required to verify you as a genuine owner of the account
32. What are the benefits of the BMobile app?
– Real-time access to accounts
– Instant funds transfer to loved ones and business associates
– Bill payments
– Airtime purchase
– 24/7 transactions
– Easy location of the nearest BExperience Centre
33. Will I receive an SMS alert on transactions done on the BMobile app?
Yes, if you have subscribed to the bank’s SMS alert.
Do you want to know real time when a deposit or a withdrawal has taken place on your account?
Then BANK OF AFRICA’s SMS Alert is the answer.
With BANK OF AFRICA’s SMS Alert there would be no need to call your account officer to confirm the balance of your account after a transaction.
All deposits on your account can be certified without a deposit slip.
BANK OF AFRICA’s SMS Alert is fast, efficient and convenient.
Do you have an account at BANK OF AFRICA and would you like to keep track of your account transactions online in a secure manner? Would you like to transfer funds in a few clicks?
BANK OF AFRICA – GHANA has just the simple and secure solution for you. BOAweb is BANK OF AFRICA’s online banking service specially tailored to meet your banking needs in a secure and convenient way. BOAweb enables you to access your accounts and transfer funds securely, anytime, anywhere.
Have a global view all your account(s) as well as a consolidated balance position in the case of more than one account
Keep track of all movements in your account(s) on a daily basisSearch, download and print your account statements
Transfer funds between your accounts in the bank and to other accounts locally and internationally
Manage funds transfer templates (save, edit and delete)
In addition to the above, Corporate and SME customers can also:
Make payments in bulk; batch upload of payments
Multi-level signature approval management based on pre-defined user profiles with specific access rights
BOAweb comes with enhanced security courtesy of the multi-factor authentication required at:
signing of payments and
creation of beneficiaries
As a replacement of Digipass, multi-factor authentication is now effected by a verification code sent by SMS/e-mail or generated by either of these 2 authentication applications: Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator.
How to sign up
Visit any of our branches where our Relationship Customers are available and ready to answer all your questions and assist with registration for the service.
BOA account holder
New customers should complete an application form and sign the terms and conditions at any BANK OF AFRICA branch
During this transition period, customers who are already B-Web users should log in to the new portal and accept the terms and conditions of the service
Click here, to go to the BOAweb user guide.
1. How does the BOAweb work?
BOAweb is an internet banking application for Bank of Africa.
i. Like all other internet banking applications, it requires a user ID and a password to be able to log in. There is also the option of a google authenticator or Microsoft authenticator as an added layer of security.
• BOAweb enables the customer to undertake the following activities:
ii. Check Account balances
iii. Payment file upload (Bulk payments)
iv. Funds transfers: between accounts, internal funds transfers, domestic or interbank local transfers, and international funds transfers.
v. Statement Downloads
vi. Cheque Book requests
vii. Manage Beneficiaries
viii. Set Standing Orders and recurring payments.
2. How secure is BOAweb?
BOAweb is an international platform that is highly secured and recognized by the BOA Group and other banks so we can trust its security. So far there hasn’t been any reported case of fraud using BOAweb.
The login keyboard is virtual and rotates the keyboard numbers so it will be difficult for somebody to trail the position of your password unlike keying your PC keyboard for security reasons.
3. Why am I unable to view my account balance on BOAweb?
Customers should be able to view account balances on BOAweb.
• Any report contrary to this by a customer would be because of an incomplete registration and this should be reported to the Bank (Branch Operations Dept.) for immediate resolution.
4. Why can’t I have a full view of my transactions in my account?
All account transactions reflect on your bank statement on BOAweb within a timeline of t+1. Thus, all past transactions should reflect on your BOAweb account statement except for transactions done on the same day.
5. Can I pay utility bills using BOAweb?
6. Are the transfers instant?
• No, transfers are not instant or what we call ‘straight through’.
• Transfer requests made by customers are received by E-Business as a message request who in turn will reprocess within 24hrs of a working day. Transfers done after 5pm on Friday or during the weekend will be processed during the next working or business day (for instance if you make a transfer on Friday at 5pm it will be done on Monday).
• The comfort with this approach is that we get the opportunity to do a call back on transactions that fall outside the threshold, which is GHS2,000 and above)
7. Can I use BOAweb for interbank transfers?
8. What happens when I forget my password?
There is the option to reset your own password if customer remembers his/her User ID.
If he/she does not remember the User ID, one must send a mail to his/her RO who will forward the request to the Branch Operations Department to reset the password and inform the customer afterward.
9. What are the charges in using the BOAweb platform?
Please refer to our Tariff Guide for the updated charges.
10. Can I use BOAweb to move funds from my accounts to other accounts outside Ghana?
Yes, that is the international payments tab
11. Are charges on transactions performed on BOAweb any different from doing the same in the banking hall?
Yes, depending on the type of transaction